Friday, January 12, 2007

Sergio is my hero

Oy! how quickly time in the internet goes, spent too much time writing emails!
Recap:
Christmas came to Namapa January 8th in the form of Sergio, one of the APCDs for education. He brought LOTS of food, and LOTS of letters and packages so I am really happy. Plus my town has started selling pineapples, so i am gorging. And to top it all off I have positively MASTERED lighting carvao (charcoal), and can now do this in about five minutes and not 45, so it greatly speeds my cooking process. We have been experimenting with our peace corps cook books and the cool trailside cookbood mummy sent, and have so far made quite credible english muffins among other things.

love to all, and hopefully will get a more comprehensive blog entry in before too long,
Laura

2 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you don't dump a whole can of lighter fluid on charcoal to light it...
-Chen

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Laura Belazis said...

no lighter fluid available, so no :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home