Saturday, September 30, 2006

Temporary Disconnect

Hi guys,

I´m afraid the blog won´t be updated for a while. We aren´t supposed to have them until Dec. 8th after swearing in. It´s a lot harder to be so far from home than I expected, so letters are going to be really valuable. If you happen to have a cheap calling card or feel like texting me, my new cell number is 011258 825 156 362. I probably won´t have it on all the time, but weekends in the evening are your best bet. I am six hours later than you guys (ie. 2pm for you is 8pm for me).

If you do by chance send packages here are some tips:
--write Educational materials on the customs slips, and undervalue everything
--write your favorite bible verse or "jesus saves," all over the packaging
--send things in padded envelopes instead of boxes
--don´t send anything valuable
--do not by any means write clothing, as this is the #1 stolen item
All of these should help avoid things being lost or stolen, and should decrease the taxes.

Love to all, and wish me courage and strength,

Laura

4 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck, Laura! I hope all is well with you and that you are enjoying this crazy, but amazing experience! My mom also says hi!!!!!!!!!

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry...this was ioana in the last comment, i apparently cant figure out how to use the blog......

p.s. my mom and i talked about you today and i inevitably reminisced about your delicious quesadillas and apple crumble...;-)

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura it is Sarah P. and I just wanted to say that I love you and miss you!!! I look forward to watching your adventures unfold!

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, don't stop writing!!! I want to hear what's goin on and what it's like to live and study in Maputo. If you can't blog, then email! Everything is fine in C'ville. Liz and I are holding down the fort. Fall is here and like always it is crisp and succulant :) Ioana's talk of food made me do it.
Sveta

 

Post a Comment

<< Home